Nepali Life


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal
December 17th 2005
Published: December 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post


Seasons greetings everyone. Once again it's Gareth here, filling in for Clare's spot. (we're taking it in turns ya see)
Clare is in bed with a dose. We've been trying to conclude what it was exactly that has given her this bug, as we both ate pretty much the same the day before. I think we have to put it down to the McDowell's whiskey that Big lad recommended. Clare, in her attempt to get over the cold ( which we both have) used the whiskey to make some hot toddies ( about 12, but you didn't hear that from me...) She has been up most of the night being sick etc but is now quite okay and just sleeping it off.
We have moved into our new hotel. We booked and paid for 30 days. It is beautiful. More like and apartment than a hotel room. We have panoramic views of the Kathmandu valley and the Himalayan snow peaks in the distance from our rooftop terrace. Life is good.
We're now gonna spend a bit of time settling ourselves in to Nepali life. I'm going to take language lessons, while Clare goes to Yoga.
So are you all looking forward to Christmas ??!! We're not. Just kidding - we have found a couple of places doing Christmas parties and Christmas dinners. We should be in good company. We just posted our presents so they should be arriving in 5 working days. (how likely?)
Still no luck with the photos - although i don't think we've taken too many in Nepal yet - we're doing so much else ! Clare or I will make an attempt in the next day or two to get all of them uploaded for your perusal.
Until next time folks - take care and love to all.

Gareth & Clare

Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0653s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb