Sunrise, Sunset- Nagarkot


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal
February 7th 2008
Published: February 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After our time in Kathmandu, we drove through the countryside for about 1 1/2 hours until we reached a tiny mountain village called Nagarkot. This village is 3000 ft. above the Kathmandu valley. It is high enough that you feel like you are encircled by the mountains.

Our hotel was circular in design with large windows which allowed guests to see the mountains from every angle.

The village of Nagarkot is small, but there seems to be much less poverty visable there than in Kathmandu. Their main industries are brick making (the soil is very rich and makes good bricks), pine wood for building, and mustard (the mustard plants fill the hillside, they are about 2 ft tall and have small yellow flowers).

Each family in Nagarkot has a small brick house with a wood burning stove, a garden, a water buffalo for milk, and some chickens-- enough live a good and simple life. While in Nagarkot, there was very little to do other than take long walks, watch the sunrise and sunsets, and take lots of pictures--just what I needed!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb