Arch won the cards!!


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal
March 29th 2018
Published: April 5th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Day 3 Jagat – Chisopani



Started the day with the new standard breakfast, omelettes and Tibetan bread.

I decided that with no chance of communication I’d borrow Himal’s phone and text Marie so she could let everyone know we were ok as the communication did stop abruptly when we got to Soti Khola. Himal and I spent quite some time trying to get his SIM working in various phones only to discover that the phone system was down and no signal.

As we left Jaget there was a view down the valley and even at 8.00am the trail was full of trekkers, porters, locals heading of wherever and the ubiquitous pony caravans. We’re definitely not alone here.

The air has cleared this morning and the views of the river valley and surrounding peaks are spectacular, this is what we came for, awesome!!

A great view of Shringa Himal, a 7161m peak that towers over the Tsum Valley. This has only been climbed once, by a Kiwi (Athol Roberts) in 1953, something I made a point of telling a few of the Nepalese guides! Despite being quite some distance north of us its sheer size made it feel quite close.

Just after Sirdibas we crossed the Buddi Gandaki Nadi (this is the river we have been following up the valley) on what is the longest suspension bridge on it. The bridge did seem long but the enduring memory is how had it was climbing the second half of the bridge. Seems because the absorb some of you energy when walking on them going up form the centre is deceptively difficult.

It was then a long hard climb to Philim which we past through and continued along for another hour or so to Chistopani (meaning “cold water” in Nepalese) where we found a tea-house and settled in for the afternoon and evening.

The place was teeming with flys. Arch decided to rid our room of them using his cap as a fly swat. This must have caused the local folk some consternation as it sounded as if he was hammering in nails. The result however was so good the other guys followed and carried out a fly eradication in their room too.

When we went down to dinner the dinning room area had clear plastic bags of water hanging from the rafters which supposedly scare away the flies. The way it was explained the flyers see a magnified version of themselves in the bag and are scared away. Not sure about this bit it was noticeable that the room that was teeming with flies when we arrived seemed devoid of them.

Dinner of fried potato for three of us and rosti for McVet. Way too much food, looks like we’re all coming home heavier than we left!

The big news for the day was Arch won the cards!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Goats returning home in ChisopaniGoats returning home in Chisopani
Goats returning home in Chisopani

Believe it not the shower (actually hot bucket of water) opened straight out onto this street. I was in the shower at the time and walked straight out into this!


Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb