During Darshan why not Chitwan


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal
October 3rd 2011
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 27.5798, 84.4971

(Darren)
With the festival season upon us we found out that all facilities close and we would be stuck in the Hotel with basically nothing to do... So in the face of suck adversity we decided to bunk out and head to Chitwan where it may be a little cooler.

So up early, packed some stuff and headed to the bus station which is only 300mtrs away. Well during this short trip Lisa's belly decided all was not well and the plan changed dramatically... I headed back to the Hotel to get the medical kit whilst Lisa pondered on what the hell she ate yesterday at the village that had such a dramatic result.

so long story short i arranged for a taxi and we decided to head off to Chitwan regardless. Being in a taxi allowed us the freeding and comfort to stop when needed and also shortened the trip. To tell you the truth i was happy to not have to sit on the public buses, hot bus face is not a nice sight.

We arrived with only one stop and found a Dutch lady in a shop who help us to get a room in a fantastic place. Little bungalows and a few mosquitoes, cold showers (oh the fuss Lisa puts on is crazy).

It is still hot however the setting is calmer, watching Elephant wash time down at the river is a treat and today Lisa and i joined in giving the Elephants a good scrub. Fantastic..

I also had a little bit of a swim and the Mahout (the elephant man) said come back watch out for the crocodiles... party pooper i thought but bugger me dead if not 20mins after getting out a big Croc came past.. Okay no more swimming unless there is another source of food between me and the deeper water.

Meet some Ozies, we could here them before we saw them, they are traveling around on the Enfields they purchased in Delhi and having a great time of it.

We will be here until Sunday then work Monday, starting firstly on the washed dung Briquet machine and we will see what happens next.


Advertisement



6th October 2011

watch them crocs not the ones on your feet swimming kind
6th October 2011

Looks like you guys are having the time of my life...photos are brilliant...oh the rain the rain..So jealous right now...little one due on the 11/11/11...I like the ring of it.Namaste
7th October 2011

Poor Lisa ... just about the right length of time for old belly-bugs to die, but not for new ones to take over. Poor chuck.... still no hospital this time. Phew... and a great excuse to lie up and relax. Take care of yourselves. B x
7th October 2011

Cute little fella'.

Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0213s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb