October 19, Kathmandu


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal
October 19th 2017
Published: October 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

October 19, Kathmandu

We had an early 5am wake up, to improve our chances of flying out today. We got to the airport at 6 and witnessed the seeming confusion of planes coming and going in a very small space. We were on the third flight for our airline so waited about an hour for our turn. The takeoff is down the short runway with a drop at the end, it was exciting but uneventful. The flight was smooth, clear skies gave great views of the mountains.
We were back at the Kathmandu Guest House by 9, enjoying the warmth and comfort of this great place. It is good to be back here but this part of the adventure is coming to a close.
I felt an itch at the back of my throats and it is now a full blown cold. Everyone in our group has some cold/coughing issues and it looks like I was also caught by it. Hopefully I will get over it soon.
Enjoyed a tasty breakfast, including bacon.
Reserved a table for 15 at a Thai restaurant for the final group meal tonight.
Then organized myself, trekking equipment to send home, clothing to wash. Then a hot shower, just wonderful,
Spent the day shopping, bought two pairs of hiking pants, found a company to ship my extra trekking equipment home, expensive at 70usd, hope it arrives home, found a laundry, caught up on my email.
Had a wonderful celebratory dinner. We gave Ishwar his tip and Seb gave a great speech about the trip and our guides.
Since the night was still young, we found a bar with a live band and stayed till 11. Josef, aged 70, was the first on the dance floor . I also ended up dancing, it was fun. The next day, people who know these things, said it was a gay bar, but I was totally unaware.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.206s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.066s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb