Parents' Day


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Pokhara
February 19th 2011
Published: February 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Saturday on the 19th February the Siddharta LoveDaleSchool in Bastolathar (Pokhara) celebrated for the 10th time Parents' Day. They do it once in 2 years. The whole day is full of a lot of dances, songs, prize distrubtions and speeches. Only the two first things I liked. The speeches and prizes took too many time. The children practised a lot the week before. Almost every lesson dissappeared because of this day... Even a professional dance teacher was training the children a whole week.

I was wearing my new Nepali pant with dress during the whole day. Everyone looked surprised but said it looked very nice.

The day was long and all we had was a little breakfast and 5 cookies. Around 6 p.m. the parents and student left school. The teachers stayed to have dinner (Dal Bhad) together. We could stay too and had a little drink with some male teacher. The atmosphere was cosy. Around 10 p.m. we went home by bike in the darkness. Luckly we were guided by the lights of two teachers' motorbikes. When we arrived in Lakeside we took a delicious dessert in our local restaurant Laughing Buddha.




Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0214s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb