Trek - Day 4


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Pokhara
November 1st 2008
Published: November 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Finally had an early night and despite the comfortable bed didn't sleep too well. I was sneezing all afternoon yesterday and thought I just had hay-fever but unfortunately I'm coming down with yet another cold - not happy! Today, we were told we would walk for about 3 and a half hours and mostly down hill. Figured I couldn't go too far wrong with the down-hill.

Hmmmm.... Down-hill?? Certainly was for half of the day! The last half of the day was mostly up-hill and I was suffering! Poor Jan and Natalie - it was whinge, whinge, whinge from me!! I really had no energy and my nose was running!! Bllrrghhhh!! Well, despite all my whinging and feeling like I was going to die, I made it up all the hills and still managed to enjoy the views (if not the walk!). We saw the biggest spiders we've ever seen in our lives and had amazing views of the Himalayas for a large part of the trek back home. Really can't complain!

We were back at HEHQ soon after the normal lunch time and were in the showers as soon as the water was hot!!! We were once again heading off to Mamma Mia's but were told that they were making us lunch at Himalayan encounters. For a change we didn't have Dalbhat but western food - french fries and something else we can't remember(!). After lunch we did go to Mamma Mia's for one last pancake with banana and chocolate sauce. Yum!

After lunch we made a final trip with Natalie to the Children's Welfare Home to say goodbye to the children as most of them were busy the day before. We were excited to see that they had started to paint the recreation room with the new volunteers. The new volunteers were also making sure that the Library was open every day and running smoothly. The kids were really excited and we sadly said our farewells. Was determined not to cry - but it was impossible for me not to!! Will miss the kids!

This evening we had our final evening dinner with Natalie, Majella and her friend Lorraine. We had our last Dalbhat for the trip and, just as every trekking party, we were treated to a chocolate trekking cake with chocolate sauce - Yum!!! What a great time we've had. It's going to be sad to leave tomorrow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 49, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Panorama 6Panorama 6
Panorama 6

Sunrise panorama


Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb