Trek - Day 3


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Pokhara
October 31st 2008
Published: November 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Early morning Day 3Early morning Day 3Early morning Day 3

This was our campsite for the afternoon yesterday and last night.
Toast again for breakfast this morning then off again. This is the last day for Jess today so we only saw her for a couple of brief periods before she and her guide headed in a different direction.

Today we were told we would have four to four and a half hours of trekking but we managed it in 3 hours!! What on earth were we going to do for the rest of the afternoon??? The place we were staying didn't have room for a tent so we slept inside the house . We had a great room - two single beds of course!! Only disadvantage was that Jan is not Nepalese height and so the ceiling wasn't quite as high as he is! He managed to make the hole in the fargile roof just a bit bigger than when we arrived! We do, however, have relatively comfortable beds and a great view out the window. Theress also a clean toilet and a cold shower if we want one (no thanks!).

Lunch was again Dalbhat and we had a great spot to sit. They've converted an old hay shelter into a cover over a dining table and chairs - very peaceful and relaxing! Jan and I entertained ourselves playing card while Natalie read her book and then had a little nap on the table.

Later in the evening we took a walk up to the Buddhist Monastery on top of the hill for sunset views of the (once again) cloud-obscured Himalayas. I could definitely become a Buddhist Nun and live in that Monastery!! In all seriousness!! If I had to wake up to that view and the peace of that monastery every morning - I really seriously think I could do it - except for the vows of silence perhaps!!! (Me? Silent? I don't think so!!). I really wished we didn't have to go back to the house when we did but oh well - we'll be back in the morning for the sunrise views (with any luck it will be clear for our last day!).


Additional photos below
Photos: 53, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Not much of a view this morningNot much of a view this morning
Not much of a view this morning

The alarm went off early this morning but after poking my head out of the tent, I told everyone to go back to sleep until a reasonable hour!
Looking out from the breakfast tableLooking out from the breakfast table
Looking out from the breakfast table

This would have been a perfect breakfast setting if not for the clouds!
Give a new meaning to 'High School'Give a new meaning to 'High School'
Give a new meaning to 'High School'

Board says 'Shree Ramkot Higher Secondary School' - not wrong!!
Homestay Day 3Homestay Day 3
Homestay Day 3

Dining area to the left with our day packs


Tot: 0.229s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1142s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb