14th Day in Pokhara


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Pokhara
October 26th 2008
Published: November 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We were up and getting dressed at 5:30am this morning. Nearly killed us after the late night at the internet cafe but we managed it. We met with Trish and hopped in a cab up to Sarangkot where the paragliders get to see the Himalayas from a different vantage point! Well, was it worth it? Well just take a look at the photos (which never really do justice) and tell US what you think! Of course, it was worth it and thank goodness we chose a clear morning!!! We were treated to spectacular views of the Annapurna Himalayas. Loney Planet told us to expect a religious experience and it wasn't far wrong! Sadly the photos just can't capture the feeling! What more can I say - you had to be there!!

After coming back down from Sarangkot we had breakfast and headed back to the Home to see what we could do. Not much!!! The classroom is finished, there really wasn't much Jan could do more with the electrical work, and the kids were rehearsing for their dance concerts over the next few days so we couldn't do anything with them either. So we took photos of the finished classroom (which I've added to earlier blogs) and Jan helped Trish and Tony with the computer while I caught up with some sleep and managed to do a bit of study (will be a miracle if I pass my exams in November!).

The evening was spent having dinner with Trish, Tony and two new volunteers - Libby and Fiona. Libby had spent a month in Thailand and then a month in India before coming to Nepal, and Fiona has spent 2 months in India before coming to Nepal. So the two of them had worked on the same project in India and had asked if they could be placed on the same programme in Nepal. They seemed to be enjoying the relative freedom of Nepal (compared to being in India) and it wasn't long before they were out hitting the nightclubs!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb