Nagarot to Pokhara


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Pokhara
September 25th 2008
Published: September 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Road King!Road King!Road King!

Because everyone else moves out of the way.
Once again thanks for the messages - sorry the photos are a bit scarce, but the connection speed is that of a Yak! - we'll keep trying.

Day 4 - Pokhara

We did get up for the sunrise, but it was too cloudy to see anything. We were hoping that the mountains of the Himalyas would reveal themselves at some point later on. The drive down the mountain was "charachter building" and it was a good job we had travelled up in the dark.

The road to Pokhara was approx 200km, which was behind transporter wagons with a maximum speed of 40kph and an emission level we have never seen ever before! There's obviously no such thing as MOT's. The views into Pohara were fairly amazing, loads of winding roads and valleys with sheer drops and rice terraces up the valley sides.

We finally arrived at our hotel, very hot and sticky, as the temperature had risen significantly on the journey - we were glad we had brought our fleeces! - not. We went for a wander into the town centre and it was considerably quieter than Kathmandu, and we even found a bar with Gurkha beer and free chips! Dad was a bit disappointed at the lack of sellers following you down the street - he said they lacked stamina compared to those in Kathmandu.

The good news was we had a lie in the next morning - up at 4.30am to see the sunrise! And we thought this was supposed to be a holiday!

Advertisement



26th September 2008

Free Chips!!
Beer with free chips......I'm on my way!!!

Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb