Kala Masi continued


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Nagarkot
September 2nd 2007
Published: September 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

My last day in Kala Masi, Yalamber returned with a check for the money we had raised at Casino Night as well as money raised by Crooked Trails ($4600 in total, with donations still being received). We went to the school for a small ceremony so I could give the check to the committee chairman and all the kids could give me flowers and sing songs.

Just as an FYI to all you donators, KEEP (the Nepal NGO Crooked Trails works with) draws up an agreement with the school committee, requiring them to submit a budget and timeline for the project to be approved before giving the funds to the committee. They plan to start building the school after the rains stop (Oct- Nov) and plan on adding a 6 room school house.

They asked me to thank all my friends who donated for their small village. They were very happy to learn so many people were interesting in helping improve their children's education.

I went to the house for a fnal round of cards, some tea and roasted corn and good byes. Sujata told me the house will seem boring without me. I will miss their company and Pradip's ability to relay humor over language barriers.

Yalamber and I did the walk down and the bumpy bus ride back to Kathmandu. I have to admit it was nice to have a chicken dinner and good drink and a hot shower! I ended my evening watching a showtime movie while eating a chocolate crossiant on my bed. So much for the Nepali diet. :-)


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.29s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.2313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb