NEPAL TOP FIVE TREKKING ON REDISTRICTED AREAS


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Lo Manthang
March 30th 2018
Published: March 30th 2018
Edit Blog Post

‘adventure from far eastern region to remote western Himalaya of Nepal’

Introduction:

Nepal Top Five Trekking on restricted areas, where to enter this region requires special permits different to other normal permits with extra fees to travel around these beautiful and remote areas of North East to Far West Nepal Himalaya, including some areas of remote Mid West like Manaslu and Tsum valley.

Nepal Base Camp Treks offers Nepal Top Five Trekking region for your interest and delights which will be different to other mainstream trekking areas, as there walk leads you into off the beaten tracks in complete wilderness and isolation away from main busy trekking routes.

A: UPPER MUSTANG TREKKING
‘a scenic and cultural walks on the ancient Trans-Himalaya Salt trade route of Nepal & Tibet’

Introduction:

Upper Mustang Trekking, one of the most exclusive adventures on the high valley of Upper Mustang known as Lo country, located on an extension of world largest and highest plateau or a table-land of Tibet Far South West, that extends beyond to the border of Nepal and Tibet by high Karo-la pass.

Upper Mustang Trekking, where walk leads you to experience Tibetan culture of similar lifestyle due to its closeness with Tibet, at one time just past decades it was ruled under reign Raja (King) of Mustang, since Nepal became republic country, the Raja rule came to an end, but still you can explore around ‘once a forbidden kingdom’ of Lo-Manthang with its great wall or Dzong that surrounds the former kingdom.

Upper Mustang trekking starts with a scenic short flight from beautiful and leading touristic Pokhara city, located on the laps of Annapurna Himalaya and majestic Machhapuchare ‘Fish Tail’ that reflects on its serene Phewa and Begnas Lakes.

From Pokhara taking a short panoramic flight to land at Jomsom airport, headquarter and administrative town of Mustang district, located on the old Trans Himalaya Trade route that leads to Tibet past Upper Mustang region.

The walk begins from Jomsom within the windswept country of Kaligandaki River valley to reach old Kagbeni village, the entry and exit point of Upper Mustang which falls on restricted areas of Nepal, where a special permit to be obtained to travel through beyond Kagbeni village.

As trek progress into beautiful and scenic areas between high eroded cliffs and canyon walls of spectacular colors of brown-red and golden with some grayish, amazing views of this closed country of arid and barren terrain.

The walk follows through nice farm villages with few trees of poplars and willows that survive the arctic cold with well-tended barley-buckwheat fields, overlooking views of Dhaulagiri-Nilgiri and Mustang Himal, where trek encounters many prayer walls and rotating bells of Buddhist religion and monuments.

Then into the walled and former kingdom of Lo-Manthang, visit around the wonderful place of historical and cultural centers one of the main attraction of Lo-Manthang including four old monasteries of Namgyal Gompa, Champa Lakhang (God House), Red Thubchen Gompa, Chyodi Gompa and its Great Entrance Hall.

After a fabulous time walking back to Jomsom for a scenic flight to beautiful Pokhara with exciting adventure and thrill on Upper Mustang Trekking.

B: MANASLU CIRCUIT TREKKING
‘adventure around world’s 8th highest Mt. Manaslu and crossing high and scenic Larke-La pass’

Introduction:

Manaslu Circuit Trekking, an adventure around Nepal North Mid Western Himalaya where drive leads to warmer low areas of Gorkha district at Arughat town and farm villages, and then walk follows the raging Buri Gandaki River all the way to its near source at Sama Gaon and towards the base of Larke pass.

Manaslu Circuit Trekking a fabulous walk on the high and scenic valley of Manaslu which lies close to Tibet border due north from the main trail of trekking around Sama Gaon, Samdu villages and from Dharmasala or Larke Phedi (bottom).

Mt. Manaslu world’s 8th highest peaks towering high at above 8,163 m and 26,781 ft the first ascent by Japanese Expeditions on May 9th, 1956, since then the area was closed to foreigners and opened up its door from last two decades.

At present trekkers and adventurer can explore its pristine wilderness in the harmony of mountains and local Manaslu villager immense Buddhist culture and custom similar to Tibet across the border.

Starting with long and interesting overland to reach low paddy areas of Gorkha areas and then walk leads over hills into the enchanting woodland of tall rhododendron-pines-oaks and fir trees with constant views of Manaslu range of that includes Buddha, Himal Chuli, and Single peaks.

Walk leads through nice Buddhist cultural villages of Jagat-Lo Gaon and to Samo-Gaon with rest day to acclimatize and feel the traditional life of Manaslu natives, and then heading over high and scenic Larke-la pass of above 5,135 m / 16,945 ft high, and then downhill to reach at Dharapani villages within Manang areas for the drive back to Kathmandu with fantastic time and adventure on Manaslu Circuit Trekking .

C: TSUM VALLEY TREKKING
‘fantastic journey around the valley of happiness at scenic Tsum’

Introduction

Tsum Valley trekking, an adventure on remote and isolated areas of Nepal North Mid West on the higher side of Gorkha district, sandwiched between two giant and massive Mt. Manaslu towards the west and Ganesh Himal in the east direction.

Tsum valley trekking an out most memorable journey that leads you to high great experience exploring the remote areas of Nepal Himalaya in the complete wilderness of mountains and local culture of immense interest.

The word Tsum means valley of happiness in Tibetan origin known as "Beyul Kyimolung” an amazing country to explore within Nepal Mid-high North West where few trekkers and adventurer often dares and visit this beautiful country Tsum as spelled and pronounced as Chum.

Starting this fabulous adventure, taking a scenic and interesting overland drive from Kathmandu to reach Dhading and Gorkha district around low warm areas at Arughat village and a town situated by the Buri Gandaki River.

As walk progress following the main trail of Manaslu for few days and then on leaving the Buri Gandaki River and Manaslu route, heading due North East after Jagat nice village towards the hidden areas of Tsum.

The walk leads with ups and short downhill into lovely forest areas, and soon tree lines disappear for the barren and arid country on reaching higher Tsum valley and its traditional villages enriched with Buddhism religion and colorful culture.

The last journey to Tsum leads to a lonely and isolated spot at Mu Gompa an amazing place hidden behind great peaks and on old route to Tibet border, Mu Gompa the highest point of the trek at 3,730 m / 12, 309 ft.

At Mu Gompa with ample to visit its old monastery treasures ancient artifacts of religious importance with a statue of Buddha and other great Gurus of Tibetan Buddhism sects, and then heading back towards low warm areas for the drive back to Kathmandu after a wonderful experience on Tsum Valley Trekking.



D: KANCHENJUNGA TREKKING
‘adventure on the far eastern rim of Nepal Himalaya visiting both North and South base camps’

Introduction:

Kanchenjunga Trekking leads you around world third highest mountains and Nepal’s second highest peaks at an altitude of above 8,586 m and 28,169 ft high, straddles the border between Nepal and Sikkim (a small state of North East India).

The mountain was first conquered by British expeditions in May 25th, 1955 lead by late G.Band and his team N. Hardie and S. Streather where the ascent was made by the southern route and base camp near Yarlung glacier.

A great fabulous adventure which leads you with a scenic flight to land at low warmer areas of Nepal Eastern Terai belt, and the heading higher into green rolling hills past the vast tea-garden of Ilam town to reach our starting point of the trek at Sukhetar where our real adventure begins.

The walk leads past many farm fields and rural villages and into the enchanting forest of tall rhododendron-pines and oaks tree lines and crossing several fresh rivers to reach at Ramche after visiting Sherpa village of Lapsang for the hike to Kanchenjunga South Base Camp, the original route to the top of Kanchenjunga.

From here after being on glacial valley above tree lines and then walking back into forested areas and crossing three passes of Mirgin and Tamo-La about 4,300 m high facing incredible panorama of Mt. Kanchenjunga, Wedge peaks, Yarlung and Kabru Himal including Mt. Jannu and as far to Makalu and Everest towards far west.

As walk progress entering into a new area past Ghunsa village to reach our main highlight at Pang Pema above 5,143 m high which is Kanchenjunga North Base Camp, at present most of the expeditions used this route to its summit top.

Enjoying the panorama of massive peaks of Kanchenjunga and then heading back on new routes to reach Sukhetar village for the drive and flight back to Kathmandu after a remarkable adventure around Kanchenjunga Trekking.

E: UPPER DOLPO TREKKING
‘adventure within Nepal Far Wild West Himalaya country of snow leopard and Bon people’

Introduction:

Upper Dolpo Trekking, located Nepal Far West Himalaya beyond Dhaulagiri mountain range a country of blue sheep and rare, elusive snow leopard and as well the land of Highlanders the Dolpo people with a unique sect of Bon religion (pre-Buddhism).

Truly a fascinating country to visit once in your lifetime where this area was explored by Peter Mattessian in early 1970’s, which is described of Upper Dolpo in his famous classic novel ‘Snow Leopard’ then the great movie ‘Himalaya’ a joint venture of French and Nepalese which was nominated for Oscar in 1999 for best foreign films which is about Dolpo and its unique cultures and custom.

A great country that leads you to remote and isolated Shey Gompa, also known as the crystal monastery where the first walk leads from Jhupal after a flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj city to reach at Jhupal at Dolpo.

The walk leads past Dunai the headquarter town of Dolpo as well Shey-Phuksumdo National Park which is the largest national park of Nepal, as our journey leads first at beautiful and scenic Phuksumdo lake near the village of Ringmo, with time here to acclimatize and then heading to our major highlight towards Upper Dolpo.

From Puksumdo Lake a great climb over Kang-la pass at 5,350 m to reach at Shey Gompa an interesting spot in complete isolation hidden by hills and mountains, and then walk leads back to Jhupal as walk leads over another high pass Jyanta-La at 5,220 m to Dho-Trap valley visiting lovely and interesting villages of Tokyu and Tarakot to reach Jhupal after Dunai.



A smooth scenic flight brings you to warm low land at Nepalgunj airport for connecting flight back to Kathmandu after a most memorable and incredible adventure on Upper Dolpo Trekking.

Travel Blogger

Sappa Lama

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb