Langtang Valley Trek


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Langtang
December 18th 2020
Published: December 18th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Langtang Valley Trek



Nepal is known as a Himalayan country in the world. Here is a lot of Famous hiking area, Among them, let's discuss some information. After the Annapurna and Everest region, Langtang Valley Trek is the third most popular trekking area in Nepal. This trek leads to the high alpine valley with the backdrop of high snow-cap peaks. In the spring this place is alive with wildflowers. Here you will find peace and serenity amidst the Buddhist culture.

This area declares as a National park in 1976 and remains the second largest National park in Nepal. Langtang Valley trek is covering a total of 1710 sq. of mountainous terrain south of the Nepal Tibet Border.

The Langtang Valley Trek offers a diverse range of cultures. Mainly the ethnicity living in this area is Tamang. The main ethnicity living in this area is Tamang. They become in this place about 500 years ago and continuing till to 20th century. In the southern section of the park, there is a small area of a subtropical chestnut forest and a unique Sal forest.

The hill forest (2000 – 2600 m) across the southern slopes of the park consists of chirr pine, rhododendron, Nepalese alder, and oak. Moving to the north and higher the Montana zone (2600 – 3000 m) comprises mainly mountain oak, which is a change to silver fir, hemlock, and larch in the lower subalpine zone(3000m to 3600m) throughout these zone and several species of Rhododendron trees from a twisted and colorful so on.

Here, the elusive snow leopard is still thought to comb the alpine heights for prey. The park is well known for its populations of the red panda, Himalayan Black bear, Himalayan Thar, Mountain antelope, and others. The major peaks include Ghengu Liru (Langtang II 6571m), Langtang Lurung (7425m), Kimshun (6745 m), and Shalbachum (6918 m) to the south. Contact us for more details and a customized trip for trekking and tours, and Mountaineering activities in Nepal.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0674s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb