The Himalayan Whitewater Challenge 2006!!!


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Kathmandu » Thamel
November 7th 2006
Published: November 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The kayak rodeo!!! Always lots of fun, 3 days festival, with a lot of contests!
First day was the slalom race, second day the rodeo, and third day the downriver race! A big contest for Nepali’s, and international kayakers, who come to Nepal specially or this weekend! And of course Leen and I had to be there too! I did a few of the contests, but didn’t do all of them, so no results for me! But my brother Uttar did everything, and got lots of prices (3rd place for rodeo and slalom)! Even he was the youngest Nepali contester, he did a good job!
Have a look and see our pictures!
That van full of boats was a crazy thing! 11 boats and all the bags, and 14 people inside, but we made it! And the best part of this weekend is all the friends we made, and of course the fun every evening! A bit like Fibark in Colorado, but Nepali style!
Now back in KTM, working a bit for Leen, spending time with all my friends for me! It is so much fun, everybody (=all my Nepali friends working and living abroad) is back in Nepal, it is so great to see everyone after such a long time (some of them 8 years ago!!!)
Lots to talk about!!
Kalu and Leen



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



9th November 2006

Congratulations Kalu, just read your and Leen's blog. Hope you two will be happy and have many adventures.

Tot: 0.201s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0885s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb