Camping in the Woods


Advertisement
Mongolia's flag
Asia » Mongolia
June 15th 2006
Published: June 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

When I woke up this morning, I realised we were camping in a forest surrounded by pine trees. It was pitched dark when we finally found the camping ground last night.

I had a very nice feeling, with the warm sunshine coming through the leaves. There is a swift-flowing river nearby where I went to wash up in the icy cold water. It was cold. So I started a fire. Zaya was already up preparing breakfast.

We visited a Mongolian family near the camping ground before continuing our journey. The girl at the ger was chubby and sweet and posed for photos.

Along the way at Tosonsengel, in the middle of of a hill, a meeting took place between Muno and his relatives. It was an interesting meeting in Mongolian style. A bowl filled with Vodka was passed around.

Lunch stop was beside a river. While waiting for the lunch, some of us started playing in the shallow river. Before long, a few of us decided to walk across the river. A couple of slippers were lost and the driver even lost one of his shoe while playing in the river.

It was a fun day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 96; dbt: 0.1016s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb