A day on the road


Advertisement
Mongolia's flag
Asia » Mongolia
June 6th 2006
Published: August 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We woke up to a lovely morning in Bulgan House today. Across the hotel is a pasture with some horses. It was beautiful and serene.

After breakfast, we were on the road again. Having lost one day on the van repair, we needed to catch up in order to reach Lake Khovsgol today. The journey was long, very very long.

It was almost 8pm when we arrived at Moron, a town just before entering Khovsgol Nuur National park. We had dinner at Moron, and almost wanted to give up continuing with the journey, but we trudged on. Whenever we see a hill coming up, we told ourselves that the lake would be at the other side of the hills. Alas, hills after hills, we finally reached the park entrance at sunset. We thought we would reach Lake Khovsgol soon but it was not to be. We travalled many kilometres in pitch dark, the lake was no where in sight. It was past midnight, 12:30am, when we finally arrived at the Toilogt Resort beside the lake. Kudo to Muno and Nyaama. The resort was not easy to locate, but they made it.

We travelled 500km today.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Volcanic mountains we saw on the wayVolcanic mountains we saw on the way
Volcanic mountains we saw on the way

Mongolian landscape reminds me of the Jurrasic time. I think the lands were the same ever since.


Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 95; dbt: 0.0843s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb