Amarbayasgalant Monastery


Advertisement
Mongolia's flag
Asia » Mongolia
June 5th 2006
Published: June 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Amarbayasgalant Monastery

 Asia » Mongolia By XuJia
June 5th 2006 This morning, we visited the Amarbayasgalant Khiid (Monastery), the most beautiful monastery in Mongolia. It is one of the most well known and largest monasteries of Mongolia, and located in the beautiful Iven Gol River valley of Selenge province. We spent the morning walking around the monastery land admiring the architecture. A young monk in red robes opened each of the doors leading to rooms which exhibit budhism artifacts.

After which, we continued our journey towards Bulgan. There were some problem with the braking system of the van. Again, we spent the whole afternoon at an auto workshop.

It was 10pm when we arrived at Bulgan. At Bulgan, we went hunting for the headless stoneman shown in my guide book. Although we have the GPS location, it was not easy to find the exact location. We finally located it near a ger.

We were supposed to camp at Bulgan but it was too late. We checked into a nice (from the outside) little wooden hotel called Bulgan House. We had our dinner around mid-night, which is quite normal for our trip.

Amarbayasgalant Monastery Website



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.223s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 95; dbt: 0.1497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb