Planes, Trains & Automobiles: We Really Get Around


Advertisement
Maldives' flag
Asia » Maldives
November 18th 2016
Published: November 27th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Covering this much ground in India and then traveling to the Maldives meant that we had to test several modes of transportation.

Some were fun.

Some were exciting.

Some were efficient.

Some were not efficient.

Overall, we enjoyed, survived and endured.

In India, we traveled the roads from Delhi to Mukungarh to Pushkar to Jaipur.

From Jaipur we flew to Bangaluru. Then we traveled by car to Coorg to Medikeri to Moodibidri and to Mangaluru.

We hopped the train down the coast to Kochi. Back in the car we travelled to Aleppey to spend some time on the water. Then we drove to Vagamon into the hill country.

Our last leg in India involved us returning to Kochi. In Kochi, we started the easy, but complicated process of getting to the Maldives.

To get to our island paradise, we left our hotel in Kochi to get on a ferry. Back on mainland India, we drove to the airport. We took a 90 minute flight on a prop plane from Kochi International Airport.

We landed in Male, the capital city of the Maldives. There we boarded a seaplane and flew for another 30 minutes.

Our plane landed in the middle of the Indian Ocean where we deboarded the plane and boarded a traditional Maldivian boat which took us to the Island.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0727s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb