Scarboro'Fridays & Drifters


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
August 22nd 2014
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 6.42512, 99.7937



From the start of my time at the marina, every Friday a number of the guys have a day off the boat and head off round the island. Some weeks only a regular few head out, other weeks there can be quite a team.

Normal starting point is going up to Scarborough Fish'n'Chip place up at Tanjung Rhu in the north of the island, from here there can be variations of heading to Drifters out by the airport, Rafii's in Cenang, Ray's Place in Kuah and back to the boat. We also started music on Monday nights in Drifters and the odd sing song at Ray's which was always fun.

When I first started going, the crew was Johno and his son Michael, Neil, John and Phil, Jeff who always brought Ray's dog Ginger, and the crowd started there. Drew; Terry; Rod, Jen, and Molly; Colin; Joe and Anita; Mike; Janice and Pete; Sam; Lan and Bon would play with Johno and Yvette and friends would also come down, we had some great nights.

The boys would have a bit of a TT round the island on their bikes and thankfully all was safe, I always really worried about them, but
DriftersDriftersDrifters

John, Michael and Mike
if a big night was going on there would be cars around.

So come and meet the team, sorry if I've missed anyone out I was just wanting to add some pictures.

Here's to Scarboro'Fridays and Drifters.



Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

DriftersDrifters
Drifters

An afternoon with local kids


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb