Oriental Village and Kuah


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
September 20th 2013
Published: October 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 6.32, 99.85

Today we went to the Oriental Village where the cable car is. It's not called the Oriental Village for nothing! It does look oriental and like a village! It looked like some Korean tv series was shot here as well as they had some pictures to show it and the landscape was left there as well.

Onto the cable car, the first part of the ride was quite scary. I had my back to the mountain so I didn't really see what was coming. It was quite a steep climb to it and the other lady in our car was quite scared especially when the cable car was moving.

Once we reached the first station, the view was quite good as we saw the Oriental Village, the rainforest, the mountains and the ocean. From far we could see the skywalk but we were given warnings that it was closed as it was being upgraded.

The next leg of the cable car wasn't so scary as it wasn't so steep. Once we reached the top, we had an even better view of the island. Sometimes in some views of the sea, it was hard to tell where the sea ended and where the sky started, we couldn't find the horizon! The view was magnificent and breathtaking.

Going down was scary...as soon as the cable car left the station, there was a big drop and that could be felt but after a while, it was ok.

We had lunch at the Oriental Village where we tried the Mizuno, the Japanese place. I ordered the chicken ramen and it was the most disappointing lunch I've ever had. The chicken was bland and the ramen looked like instant noodles! There was no flavour at all and I was looking for chilli but there was none!

After lunch we went to Kuah and we were dropped off at the city centre. We should have been dropped at the jetty – as to see the giant eagle, it was at least an hour's walk! We walked for about 20 minutes before finding it in the distance and when we found it, it was at least a good 30 to 40 minutes walk! So we took some distant photos of it before deciding to head back. Unfortunately, finding a taxi wasn't so easy! It took us a good half hour before finding one
and finally headed back to the hotel.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0253s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb