Being driven around Langkawi


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
September 21st 2013
Published: October 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 6.32, 99.85

Today we hired a driver as I figured that if we hired a car and there was an accident, it'll be on me and I'd have a lot of headache so I didn't bother and rather get someone else to drive us. At the end of the day, he was actually quite a good driver, waited for us when needed and picked us up promptly so I was happy with him.

First up was Telaga Tujuh ie Seven Wells – we didn't actually go to the Seven Wells but just saw the waterfall. That was quite spectacular, I have never seen or been so close to a natural waterfall and it was flowing down the cliff, maybe from 15 metres. The climb up there was quite hard though, thanks to my superior level of fitness, I was climbing the stairs ok and slowly started to pull away from the rest of the group. I looked behind at one point and they were about 5 metres behind me when a few minutes earlier they were right there! The waterfall at the bottom would then form into a river flowing downstream and into a lake where people could swim.

After that, our driver took us to Gunung Raya, the highest point in Langkawi. The drive up there seemed to last forever, so many twists and turns and going up hill. On the way up, I saw some guy going down in a go kart with a go-pro camera attached to his head! Once up, we saw the tower which we could go up and have a view of the island but fog was starting to roll in so we decided to leave it. Instead we took photos from the car park. The view was still quite nice.

Our next stop was Perdana Gallery. This wasn't too bad. It had a collection of gifts given to Dr Mahatir when he was president. Really, to us, it seemed like an ego boosting exercise. Well, at least I was close to the Sauber F1 car, driven by Nick Heidfeld, if not real, at least a replica.

From there we headed off to Jetty Point. It was so packed with cars that our taxi driver couldn't find a place to park! He dropped us off and we rushed off to see the giant eagle that we missed out yesterday. Finally we were able to get photos of the Langkawi eagle. It was hot though, so we quickly took photos and went off to lunch. Unlike yesterday, we saw the eagle nice and close unlike yesterday!

After lunch was a quick rest and a dip in the pool before dinner. For our last dinner in Langkawi we went to the Oriental Pearl. The food wasn't bad. It had 2 prices – one for regular and one for large. The waitress recommended we had the large and so we did!




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.393s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb