Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
January 29th 2015
Published: January 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Having made our early start we arrived at 08.05 I like KL ..Our cases were first off the carousel and our driver was waiting. It took an hour to drive to the city ... at one point we were in an 11 lane highway...full of traffic..so glad I wasn't driving! The city is vast, but our first impressions from the plane was of miles of palm forests, very green with lots of rivers. We spent most of the day on the hop on, hop off bus learning about Malaysia, its growth and independence . Its a real melting pot of ethnicity and cultures with Mosques, Hindu Temples and Christian Churches. The whole place seems to be being rebuilt. They are demolishing huge high rise buildings at the same time as building the new one next to it...scary. There serms to be excellent public transport with buses, trains and monorail but they are also digging out a new underground system. There surely can't be any unemployment as everywhere we look every conceivable job is being undertaken. The Petronas tower is spectacular as is the KL tower but I won't get Brian up either of them! There is a bridge between the 2 Petronas towers at something like 46 floors up, it's free to queue up and have a maximum of 10 minutes there.
Despite the huge urban jungle there are some green spaces.. a botanic garden, a few parks and open spaces. The people are lovely they really want to help, alll smiles, very welcoming. They must love shopping as there are hundreds of shopping malls with many UK brands, we walked through one tonight it was really busy at 9.30 pm. An amazingly busy, hectic city, with so many new sights and sounds! So glad we came.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb