Darwin (2)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin
January 28th 2015
Published: January 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We left a still wet Sydney this morning. The rain was still falling, the roads quite flooded and traffic jams everywhere our driver was late ( apparently caused by a flat battery) but we made it to airport, there was about half an hour on the tarmac waiting for take off because of misty conditions but we arrived in glorious sunshine to 30C in Darwin. So we have spent the afternoon in and near the hotel swimming pool...very nice. However its now 5pm and we have huge black cloud and thunder ..but that's expected 'up the Top End' which is what the Aussies call the Northern Territory.
Last night we learned all about the old area of Sydney called The Rocks..basically built up by the British convicts but there is lots of earlier history... about the 40 Aboriginal clans that inhabited before we came along!. We ate at the Pancake House.. following family recommendations,,.I think we should have gone for sweet instead of savoury as the seafood pancakes could have been better. But the atmosphere was good.
Tonight we will eat at the airport hotel where we are staying as we have to check in at 03.00 for our flight to Kuala Lumpur tomorrow. Another flight time that changed!
At least we will get more time to explore KL...we arrive at 08.20! I think the flight is to help business people get an early start there seens to be a lot of connection between Malaysia and Australia now. We're looking forward to seeing the city.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.324s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0577s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb