Just a Tourist . . .


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
January 24th 2015
Published: January 24th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Our second day in Singapore we decided to do some sight seeing. We bought a 2 day bus pass which entitled us to explore the city on 4 separate routes. We sat on the open top deck with out ear phones connected to the automated tourist information. We saw Chinatown decked out in their reds and yellows preparing for Chinese new year, (year of the goat). We went past little India which supports the migrant workers who flock to this sector I after work. There were some places of worship like temples and churches used by all faiths in Singapore. The marina and boat quay is home to a vast array of international restaurants so we headed for Harry's and had fish and chips plus Nachos, this was good food after a week of spicy al a cart menus. The view from the riverside was gazing up at all the commercial and financial skyscraper offices. Singapore has lots of shopping malls where you can buy anything from designer clothes to electronic items. Each mall was specific to that product like the Dim Sin mall has 7 floors dedicated to electronics, the malls opened at 11:00am through to 10:00 pm. There was also all the smaller shops as well so goodness knows how all shops compete. We swapped buses and enjoyed the Heritage Route which explains about Singapore's cultured pass. Again lots of colonial building remain as a sign that in the past Singapore was under British rule. We noticed that some people were carrying 6 cups of drink in one hand, by a simple piece of plastic supporting the cup and a handle over the top, what a simple invention !!! Singapore is very expensive as a tourist hot spot but also living there, comparable to London.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb