Days Fifteen to Eighteen - A Long Flight and Two Nights in Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
January 13th 2012
Published: May 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

After an approximate twelve hour flight from Heathrow, we arrived in Kuala Lumpur. We had visited Kuala Lumpur about four years ago, so this was very much a relaxing stopover, with the biggest focus being on lying by the pool and warming up in readiness for our return to an Australian summer.



We caught a taxi for the almost one hour drive from the airport. We learned on our last visit, that purchasing a return taxi voucher from the stall at the airport is by far the cheapest way to do this trip. Unfortunately, we have had a few cases of being ripped off by KL taxis, so having a prepaid voucher protects against that.



We stayed at the Mandarin Oriental, right next door to the Petronas Towers, which is where we stayed last time. One of the great things about Malaysia is its very cheap hotel rates, so you can afford to stay in much nicer hotels that usual!



We didn't arrive until late, so had a swim in the MOs infinity pool overlooking KLCC park, followed by a delicious buffet dinner in the hotel.



The next day (Saturday), we spent most of it in KL's Bird Park, which we hadn't had time to go to on our last visit. It was VERY hot and humid, but also very enjoyable.



After the bird park, it was back to the pool for the afternoon before having cocktails at the Skybar at Trader's Hotel, so we could see the superb view of KL. While we had a spectacular view of the Petronas Towers at the Mandarin, it is actually really close, so it was nice to see the view from a distance. We ended up doing the buffet at the hotel again, as none of us could be bothered going out to find a different restaurant.



Our final day (Sunday) was spent by the pool again, before our night flight back to Melbourne and reality 😞.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0182s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb