The day Yaz got anal punched by a 3 year old


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
June 30th 2011
Published: June 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

And so the adventure begins!!!

Despite Yaz's somewhat strange assumption that the flight to KL only takes 3 hours, 8 hours on a plane was enough to see us thoroughly sick of sitting still. It was also long enough to let me realise that I should have never committed to traveling with someone who pulls such scary faces. Oh - and meows when she is bored. What have I gotten myself into?

Malaysia feels like a bowl of soup...it's so hot and humid! It's such a melting pot of cultures - it's hectic! We walked past a Mosque and listened to the call to prayer, it was a pretty surreal moment. It's such a patriarchal society!!

We had a hilarious time running around the KL transit system, getting lost, miming stupidly at Malaysians that speak better English than us, and eating with the locals. We luckily made a friend with a man at the soup shop who took pity on us and ordered our beef and chicken soup. Gotta love the cattle lines at immigration and the incredibly long wait for luggage that was sitting 10 metres away from us the whole time! (Embarrassing story for another time.)

I think the fact that we are leaving for a really long time is finally sinking in, it still feels like Yaz and I are just having a sleep over at the Gold Coast or something but I guess it's not the same. Going to miss you all so much!!

Not much more to report at the moment except a renewed appreciation for air-conditioning and signs written in English...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb