Central Market Kuala Lumpur - Low fares are just part of the Story


Advertisement
Published: May 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Sunday, 1st May 2011 (Part 2)


Next up, we proceeded straight to the Central Market (Pasar Seni) for our much awaited lunch. The early morning climb had certainly made our bodies hungry for food. It was after 2pm when we had our meals at the Old Town Cafe located at level 1 of the complex. The air-conditioned enclosure provided a cooling respite from the sweltering heat.

Completed in 1888, the restored Central Market is now home to an extensive collections of tourist junk and crafts spread over 2 levels. Since our intention was never to hoard up on these white elephants, we left the market shortly after our meals to complete our final destination for the afternoon.

From where we were standing, Merderka Square or Independence Square was the very same spot where the return of powers took place on 31st August 1957. Rather than reminiscing on the event, our main intention was to capture some shots of the impressive Sultan Abdul Samad Building and the World's Tallest Flag Pole.

Returning straight to our hotel after the shoots, we had the rest of the afternoon off before finishing off our dinner at Berjaya Times Square in the evening. Thanks to KW, dinner was delicious with the usual Cantonese fare within the sprawling mall.

I had fun engaging those grounds today. These places were nothing new on the map given that they had existed long before our time. However, granted that we didn't manage to cover those places during our previous trips, the journey still warranted a unique experience to remember on its own.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb