Malaysia


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
February 28th 2005
Published: February 28th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Just when you were beginning to think we'd done a "Jim Thompson" here is another blog.

We're now back at Les & Wendy's lovely home in Kuala Lumpur having spent a couple of days in the cool Cameron Highlands drinking tea (and beer). Stayed at a brilliant guesthouse up in the mountains from where we went trekking with some of the other travellers. Bumped into the usual crowd from our slow boat that crashed and spent some time catching up with where we've all been since. I can barely move today after spending 7 hours trekking through the jungle with one of the Ray Mears type locals who insisted on teaching us bushcraft, even though we tried to explain that we don't really need it in Beckenham. Karl managed to sink in mud up to his knees but Ray Mears was standing by to pull him out and happened to find some water to hose him off.

Tonight Les & Wendy are taking us for dinner at the KL equivalent of the BT Tower, which is famous for its view of the Petronas Towers.

Another early start tomorrow as we head up to the rainforest, Taman Negara, then we'll take the train to Singapore on Friday. Still not used to the insects.

Advertisement



4th March 2005

Tea
Looks like you'll be able to show MGW a thing or two about tea when you get back. Everyone at Eon wishes you well and we were all happy ro get your postcard. Keep up the fun lots of love Nix xxx - Nikki C

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0719s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb