G'day Possums


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
March 11th 2005
Published: March 11th 2005
Edit Blog Post

The rainforest was amazing. Once again I braved the spiders and went trekking through the jungle and over the wobbly canopy walkway. Karl nearly stepped on a huge snake (yes - he screamed like a girl) but the scariest moment was when we visited the Orang Asli tribe and they taught us how to make and use a poison blow pipe. Let's just say they weren't the friendliest tribe we've met. Also went on a fantastic night safari and saw leopards, poisonous snakes and a bear cat.

We had a long journey back to KL where we spent a final night at Les & Wendy's (huge thank you to you both!). The next morning we took the train to Singapore for a few slings. Singapore seemed almost futuristic after the rest of SE Asia, and we decided they have the BEST bars in the world.

As you can tell from the title, we are now in Oz, where kangaroos really do bounce out in front of your car! Having spent the past few days sampling some of Western Australia's finest beaches and wines we're a bit sad to be leaving tomorrow, but also excited about flying to Ayers Rock. We'll be joining a group for a 3 day camping (yes camping) trip, to and around the big rock on Sunday; so I bet you can guess what the next photo will be...



Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb