Accommodation Issues


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
March 18th 2006
Published: March 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Since i have been travelling alone i have not always been that organised when it comes to securing accommodation. Many tims i have just shown up in a place and then looked for somewhere to stay. I really never thought that i would be like this, i always felt that i would need the security of knowing i had somewhere to stay instead of just showing up, but being in places without somewhere to stay now seems par for the course. It has usually not been a problem finding appropriate accommodation anyway. The only notable problm was when i was in Byron Bay Australia where every hostel was packd and i had to get a hotel room for one night before moving to a hostel.

Anyway the above does have some current relevance because i have been staying at the Red Palm hostel in KL where i wanted to stay longer but the place was full. And the thing is, so was every other hostel in the city, this is probably because this is formula one weekend and people are here for that so there is little room. Anyway after a lot of looking around, i considered the option of just getting the overnight train back to Singapore, which may have been o.k. but then again the hostel i want to stay in Singapore was full the following night so i would have had to look for somewhere else there.

However it all worked out because the woman in charge of the Red\Palm said i could stay at there downstairs and sleep on a mattress in their luggage room. I was well happy at this because firstly she only charged me 15 Ringgits for this, i got to hang out with the guys i had been hanging with for another evening (as well as three Americans who arrived last night - we all went to the Indian together) save on the more expensive accommodation in Singapore and secure my train ticket for the following night and then two nights in the hostel i want to stay in in Singapore, so it all works out really well.

The Red Palm is an excellent hostel by the way, it has been easy to meet other people, is small and welcoming and has really great staff who are so friendly. I am likelym to return to South East Asia and a return to KL and to this hostel seems like a very good part of the plan.

I return to Singapore on the overnight train tonight (it cost 30 Ringgits, though i only have a seat not a bed) and that will be my final stop before my flight to Manchester. KL has proved a worthwhile jaunt and i really hope that i am able to travel again soon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.194s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0904s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb