KL, Malaysia


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
March 15th 2006
Published: March 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well, i realise that that there have not been any entries for a while but this is more because my trip is about to end and the fact that i am somewhat down about this. Anyway, i currently find myself in the city of Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, a place that i decided to go to just for the hell of it and the fact that it would give me another stamp on my passport. The hostel in which i am staying also gets a higher rating than any other (94% on hostelworld) go so i also thought that was reason to go.

Whilst coming into the city (by bus) i caught my first sight of the Petronas towers, which have recently held the title of the worlds highest building. I think however that a building elsewhere in south east asia has now overtaken it, but i am not sure so don't quote me on that. I thought that the Petronas towers looked really cool and i hope that i can go up them while i am here. I went out for a walk earlier and walked right up to them, there was a shopping centre nearby and i went into it, i had some food and then i found a cinema and decided to and watch a movie, this was the remake of Fun with Dick and Jane, which while hardly a classic did pass a few hours.

After coming out of the cinema a realisation hit me, the fact that i was in Malaysia (a country that i know virtually nothing about), it was dark and i did not know the way back to my hostel (it had been daylight when i left the hostel and i had just been wandering really), so i was a bit worried, i decided therefore that i would get a taxi rather than try to find it by walking.

I got back to my hostel quickly because of the taxi and when i got back i happened to meehim up with a Canadian guy called James who was gonna go out for a drink with other residents of the hostel. I went along and there were four other guys which was cool (i always consider myself a success when i am able to scoialise over a drink and/ or food) and during the evening James said that he had been attacked violently by five men who had beaten him up and taken his credit cards and passport, he described the incident and it seemed really violent and required him to go to the hospital. Stuff like this is further proof of what i said earlier about me knowing sod all about Malaysia and KL. One thing i do know now is that Malaysia is an Islamic state (read into that what you will).

Anyway, i am here for another couple of days or so, so hopefully i will go up the Petronas towers and maybe do a bit more socialising before i bus it to Singapore for what will sadly be the last destination on my trip before i return home.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0594s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb