Boobs, Jetskis and alternative plans


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
March 7th 2006
Published: March 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Right, well now i am still on the island of Ko Samui in the Thai Gulf, but i am on a different beach, i have moved from Mae Nam Beach to Chaweng Beach, on the east side of the island, haweng seems to be a more popular beach than Mae Nam and there are a lot more people here than there are there. I took a boat ride over to Ko Pha Ngan recently, i did plan to stay there but it did not seem worth it as there was little difference except that its harder to get off that island than this one so i figured i would come back. Ko Pha Ngan does have the full moon party, but i am not gonna be around for that anyway.

The most notable thing about this beach is the number of women who walk around topless, none of whom seem to mind or see it as much of a deal. Its strange because i have been on many beaches in the last few months, but not seem much in the way of women wandering around topless. Here its like thats what they do, all i can think when looking around is " theres just so many boobs". Anyway, how can i not note this, its pretty memorable isn't it (well for a guy like meit is, maybe i just need to get more of a life?).

Anyway, this place seems far more for holiday makers that it does for traveller-types like me and i am again not meeting too many people, which is sad, but not too bad as i have to accept that this travelling lark is coming to an end for me. I have to do it again though, because theres so many more places i want to go and so much more learning (about myself and the world) that i have to do.

I have not done a great deal here in Chaweng, but one thing i did today thjat was cool was hire a jetski, something i have never done before. Jetskis are very easy to use and simple to get the hang of, but at first i found it nervy because i did not want to get it seriously wrong so i did not go that fast at first but as i got more into it i did go fast and eventually powered along the water at top speed (which was cool). I also took some cool turns which wre also cool. I only had half an hour and it was soon over but it was a good time and i am glad that i did it.

Also, while i have been here i have been looking to make some alternate plans for my final couple of weeks (i think i have about 16 days or so left) and i have decided to head down to the far south of Thailand and cross the border into Malaysia, and spend a few days in Kuala Lumpur. I could get a flight straight there from here, but it seems more exciting to take an overland ride and go over the border that way, flying there does not seem as exciting, so i am gonna go for an overland route. My flight home is from Singapore and my memories of Singapore from before were that it was a good place to relax so if i arrive there with a few days left then that can be a good thing.

I am spending a lot of time making future travel plans at the moment, the sadness i am feeling at the prospect of this trip ending proves to me that i want to get back out travelling soon after i get back (hopefully six months or so).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb