Kuala Lumpur & Borneo


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
August 26th 2009
Published: August 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We stayed at the Maytower Hotel for when we first arrived in KL and tried to find the Hard Rock Cafe for some civilized food. As most of our adventures go we went the wrong way but we did manage to find it after the hot, sweaty and argumentative journey.

The KL tower which we could see out of our windows practically from the hotel sounded like the best bet for 1 days activity so we traced up the mountain along some rope bridges and a scary million steps to the tower. It was quite nice but was cloudy. Luckily once we were up there we were able to go on a ferrari simulator which I am sure I came 1st on woopaa, and Lauren came 2nd on hehe.

Sandakan

Another night in the Tune hotel and on an early plane ride we arrived in the worst town ever with even worse men than in Langkawi and loads of beggers it was like a shanti town. We went to see the Orang-Utans on the 3rd August, it was possibly the best animal treat I could have ever asked for. Sepilok where we went is a centre to teach Orang-Utans back into the wild after their parents have been poached or if they have been kept as pets in small cages by the locals.

We had loads of vile KFC's in Sandakan as there was no where to eat, we were quite glad we hadnt booked longer than a few nights there.

KL Take 2

We arrived at the airport and to my suprise got picked up in a mercadies and were driven to the Mandarin oriental for my birthday suprise. In the car we were asked if we would like cold wet towels, if the temperature was okay and if we would like the radion on or off. When we got to the hotel around 1AM and had cheese burgers after Lauren had checked us in within the room pure lux.

My Birthday - 22 AGGHH. - We went to the spa and relaxed by the pool/steam room and sauna then met our friends from Brighton Jen & Vik. After a nice catch up and an embarassing happy birthday song with yummy cake and photos we went shopping in Laurens fav mall and had a buffet dinner and kareoke - Which Lauren has told me means Lucky Voice.. We had a lovely time and almost lost all our voices.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb