Malaysian Adventures


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
July 1st 2009
Published: July 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Batu CavesBatu CavesBatu Caves

The entrance
Hello again,
I will start were I ended on our last blog. Our last night in Beijing was great we when down to the food market again and tried so more amazing food such as snake. There was dog, shark, goat balls... your can pretty much name it. After that we enjoyed China's cheap beer at a beer garden and talked with locals and had a great last night. A little hungover for our travel day but it was well worth it. After Beijing we checked out Tianjin. This is were our flight to Malaysia was leaving from. It is a port city just south of Beijing and it was very cheap. There were not many foreigners there so we got some stares like back in our Daqing days. The city was used during the Olympics so there were some interesting site to see. There was the biggest faris wheel that is over a road and some small cheap markets. With our last night in china we partied with the locals and tried to use as much Chinese as we could. Here in Malaysia we are having a hard time with not using our Chinese. We always ask for things with it and say thank you. We guess we were in China a little to long ha ha ha.
After a long flight we arrived in Malaysia. We decided not to venture to far from home so we are staying in China town here. Malaysia has been great. The first day we went to the Batu caves. They are a set of caves with a massive Hindu temple inside. On the walk up the 273 steps there were lots of statues and monkeys everywhere. It was so cool to see the monkeys walk allover the statues like they were just a tree. The monkeys were everywhere and were about an arms length from us. For some reason thought as so as you got your camera they would run away or turn around. It is like they don't like having there picture taken. After that we checked out the massive market in china town and chilled. Day two we did a lot of walking. We walked to little India and did some sightseeing and then we walked through this massive jungle in the middle of the city also filled with monkey to the kL tower. We were two cheap to go up so we moved on to the twin towers. They are the second and third tallest buildings in the world. We went into the bottom and did some shopping. Today we woke up early and went to a waterfall just outside the city. It was massive and there were not other tourist there just the locals and us. I love stuff like that. We spent all day today hiking up to the top and swimming in little watering holes along the way. Our own little slice of heaven for the day. Tomorrow we are leaving for Indonesia we can't wait to get to tan our very pale pale white Daqing bodies.
The food here is so good. Lots of curry and roti bread to scoop it up with. We are hoping that this good food continues right in to Indo. No more Chinese food for a while ha ha.

Love you and miss you all
Niki and Jeff



Advertisement



2nd July 2009

keep the letter coming
2nd July 2009

Enjoy your trip!
I've read your blog about your tralling in Malaysia. It is so good. I am jealous of your your trip haha. Enjoy yourself. We miss you!
3rd July 2009

wow
hey guys , what a great trip it is! i was so happy when i knew you guys spoke Chinese out of China ,so funny. so how long are you going to spend there ?when are you going home ? love you guys and miss you a lot

Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb