Independant Travelling has begun


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
January 4th 2009
Published: January 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi guys hope every1 had a really cool NYE, so im now in Kuala Lumpur and the city is pretty cool, but will get back to that.

So the last time i wrote i was in Egypt waiting to go get my flight, this all went according to plan except for the taxi man took me to the wrong terminal but i stopped him just before he pulled away, got onto the flight and it was a pretty awesome plane had a tv in every seat, shame it was only a 1hr flight but got to play a game of chess and snake classic.
Got onto my next flight the plane not as nice but was ok, slept the whole way to bangkok, got through no worries a pretty nice airport got my taxi to my hotel the little taxi man tried to give me less money back so had to stand infront of his door so he couldnt get in his taxi.
Room was pretty nice and had hot showers which was goood, went out for dinner at the train station had to buy food coupons to eat in there, but a nice meal of sweet pork, rice and an icecream for 50baht which equals 1pound, bargain.

So the next day had a walk around Bangkok which is a really cool city, walked up to Siam square and went into one on the shopping centres there and bought myself a hard drive, 160gb for 50quid, which i fort was pretty cheap. Really did enjoy just walking around the city will def be back to explore it a little bit more.
That nite i got my 3rd class train to Surat thani which cost me 4quid, which meant i was sitting on a wooden plank with a bit of padding on, not the most comfortable of train journeys but arrived there no worries. Got off the train and onto a bus to the ferry port got on the ferry and started chatting to sum South London dudes and an Irish bloke, started on the drink on the ferry and 3hours later not in the best state for on a boat but it was bloody good fun, also the irish bloke use to work in Romford, such a small world.
Got off the ferry and once i found my bag in the piles of luggage got my cab to Thong nai pan beach, was a nice place got into my room and dumped my stuff and had a nap.
Later Gem my cousin came in was nice to see a face from home, met all the other girls a little later, Nat, Chloe, Dan and Amy was cool went out for sum cocktails then back for sleep.
They weather not been great on the island of Ko phang nang has actually been raining, alot so a bit of a shame infact i didn go in the sea once the whole time apart from a paddle. 😞

So the nite of NYE the whole day it rained so not the best start, but had a buffet style meal which wasn to bad, i tried to get my moneys worth so i was happy, had a few cocktails at a really cool bar on the beach sitting on cushions and was really well decorated with fountains and gardens all of wood, then got on the back of a pick up truck down to had rin, bit of an extreme journey down with me and dan holding on with one hand and a beer in the other, fort i was gonna fall off a couple of times in the pitch black driving along the dirt roads at excessive speeds.
But we got there and onto the beach we went, and it was crazy must have been about 10000 people all raving on a beach, the atmosphere was electric and the buckets of vodka redbull was going down a little to easy. Was really cool with the fire pois going of and fireworks going up all on the beach, was such a good nite most of us got pretty wasted, and didnt get back till about 5 or 6am, was bloody good, paid for it the next day though.

So the 2nd of Jan i said my goodbyes to all the girls and off on the ferry i went, i then found them later on the ferry random.
Got off the other side and stayed in a hotel in Surat Thani which was nice, and a bargain at 4quid, even got a lift to the hotel by a dude on a moped with all my bags on, a little scary. Had a good sleep there and the fun begins on gettin to KL.

So i get picked up at 6am and go to a bus station were i am told i need to pay another 900 baht which i fort was a little strange but it was so early in the morning i didn really fink about it, untill later we found its a scam the cheeky little cow plays because she doesnt expect you to go back another day, but i will be and she will be gettin an earful off me, the cheeky bitch.
So got onto the back of another moped and drove to a bus garage, got my seat and off we went to Hat Yai, the bus driver kept stopping every five minutes to pick up locals, so the isle was full of locals standing up, finally got to hat yai, then we got another minibus to Butterworth, crossed over the malaysia border and the contries are quite different, Malaysia seems alot more built up and westernised at the moment, so eventually arrived at butterworth but we had missed our connecting bus to KL so we had to wait around in the pissing down with rain for 4hours till the next bus came, met sum cool dudes on the mini bus so wasn to bad as we just chilled in a cafe for a couple of hours, one of the dudes actually knows sum1 who lives down Pembry Way(Curtis road i fink) once again small world.

So 4 hours pass and eventually get on this bus all reclining seats and pretty nice actually, until the man comes up and tells me to get off, i tell him no and he tells me yes. So off i get start having a go at him cos all the other guys didn need to get off, and then he realises there is one spare seat left (i wonder whos seat that is) so on i get again to the bus. The journey its self went in no time and we arrive in KL at 3am, got a room in a hostel and slept for a few hours.

Got up and have been on an adventure today walking round KL went to the Petronas towers which are impressive then went up the Menara tower which is 421m high, the observation deck is 276m high and it gives you an amazing view of the city which is higher than the view from the Petronas towers, was pretty amazing, so been walking about allday with a Kiwi and had a good laugh, walked for about 8hours 2day with people giving us different directions, so kept getting lost but has been good fun.

So its 8pm here now and gonna go for a shower and get ready for my flight 2morrow to Kurching in Borneo were my volunteering begins am really mega excited and cant wait. And wat a cool place to have your bday, woohooo.
Hopefully write soon but dunno how accessible internet will be or my mobile for that matter as im stayin in the middle of the jungle and i cant wait.

Speak to you all soon, enjoy the cold weather heard its been below 0 hahahahahaha.

Also think ive done sumfink to the computer as now it keeps writtin everything backward. hmmm



Advertisement



4th January 2009

Welcome to Malaysia
Welcome to Malaysia! Hope you have a good time here. Not sure if it's of any help but you can check out this website about Malaysia. It has lots of useful facts presented in a easy manner to grab the key facts of many places. http://www.malaysian-explorer.com Cheers! Visit The Malaysian Explorer for more information about Malaysia.

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb