The start of my travels


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
September 2nd 2008
Published: September 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Where shall I beging, after a 12 hour flight and very little sleep I arrived in Singapore around 8.30am local time. With only one day there I headed of to see as much as possible!
The weather was very humid but sunny and the hotel was located in Little India so i started to explore then then heading off into town andfound Orchard street with hundreds of Malls each selling something different! and around 3.30pm it started to rain and pretty much didn't stop untillate into the night.
I met up with the rest of my group and went to have dinner in a local India restaurant. After dinner harriet and I headed over to Raffles to have a Singapore Sling!
The next day we headed off into Malaysia and our first stop was Melaka which has recently become a UNESCO World Heritage site, the hotel in china town was really comfortable. We spent the day wondering around we climbed up to the ruins to a wondful view over the port and town. Later in the afternoon we had a boat tour of the river with a great guide and we leart about lots of history and tradtions of the town.
In the evening we had a trushaw tour and saw more land based sites like China town and its beautiful temple.
The Next day we headed the capital Kuala Lumpur, we arrived mid day and to heavy rain which flooded many roads, they must be used to this as people just kept driving through the waterlogged areas!
We had a minivan tour around to see as many sites as possible and the first stop was the Batu Caves, only a few braved teh climb of 272 steps up into the caves! We also went to the Pewter factory, a photo stop at the Twin Towers and the Kings Palace. In teh evening we headed off to the night market and had dinner in a chinese restaurant, after a wonder around the market we went to a local backpacker bar. The next day was a free day so we all headed off to get free tickets to the skybridge 41 floors up the twin towers. Thankfully teh weather was good and the views over the city were great. Int eh afternoon Rosemary, Lorna, Ben and I went over to the Lake Gardens and visited the Butterfly park as well as seeing the Mousedeer. As we were heading back it started to rain again, and once again it did not stop, but this time we had a terffic thunder storm right over head which lasted for ages!
The Next day we headed off to our virtual holiday! a remote island in teh middle of a lake in the mountains, this was amazing, we stayed with a Malay family and ate tradtional malay food and it was fab! the second day we went on a trek though the jungle to a waterfall and yes you guessed it it rained!!!We ALL got attacked by leeches! which was an experience! you could hear the gibbons calling to eachother in the trees but we did not see any wildlife.
After an afternoon of relaxation by the water we had a tradtional Malay meal wearing sarongs, sitting on the floor and eating with our hands. Our hots were wonderful and the resort was a great way to end the first week!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb