Hmmm not sure i like it


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
November 19th 2005
Published: November 19th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hello again

Got to Kuala Lumpa after a 6 hour train journey which to be fair wasn't too bad. Apart from confusion and an embarrassing moment at the Malaysian customs which ended up with me being the only person on the train, waiving at all the locals in the heat from my air conned carriage, they didn't seem to see the funny side!! THe toilet on the train was really cool! It was basically a loo seat with a flume running off it and so all the waste jsut got thrown onto the track! Which were in the last carriage and sometimes it felt like the train was going to come of the tracks! THe carriage would suddenluy jerk forward like it was playing catch up and then would vear scarily to the left or the right! It wasn't good!

Had another nightmare when we got here as couldn't find a hotel. Lydia had found one on the internet that looked nice and was quite cheap, but they told me that it was 50 minutes away! When i looked at the map which they reluctantly gave me it was in a prime location and turned out to be about 15 mins away in a taxi! To be fair we were enquiring from another hotel, and they had already agreed to give us a special rate for one night but that's not the point!!

The hotel we got is beautiful and the view at night is amazing and its only 11 pound per night each! I haggled at the market and brough a lime green fake Gucci 'moc croc' plastic watch for 1 pound 50 and a fake Coach purse which is georgeous if not a little gordy!! need my 'China feet' here and soon got in the haggling mind frame. I'm actually quite good at it, probably cus I'm so tight!!

We went to the fourth highest tower in the world yesterday and i ate a sandwich that i immediately threw back up again! It was meant to contain ham and cheese but i have my own suspicions ...... The views from the tower were amazing but in hindsight i think we should have used that to plot our route home as the people on the streets didn't seem overyly keen to help us find the way. Strange that.

There was a huge thunderstorm yesterday and
View from hotel windowView from hotel windowView from hotel window

Wow, beathtaking, but its not quite the same unless you hear the gun shots that were sounding when i was taking this! Or was it a firwork.....
we had to shelter underneath the veranda of a supermarket! The lightening was right over head and the thunder was deafening! I squealed in the shop when it struck and scared loads of the shoppers, oops! However, i do have a fear of thunder and lightening and so i didn't feel too bad! Apprently if there's a thunderstorm you should go up the tower as its apprently beautiful but i don't have enough guts to do that!

Anway, we're headin up to Penang soon, which is a beautiful island off Malaysia which from the pictures on the internet has white sands and beautiful blue seas so i can't wait! I've added some pictures to this entry and i"ve also added some to the previous entries so you can have a ganders at what we've been up to! There aren't many as it takes ages but i think you'll get the pciture, get it, see what i did there!!!! Oh i bet you're missing my clever jokes and witty comments!!

Right, on that note I'm off take care and let me know what you're up too!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

View from the fourth highest tower from in the worldView from the fourth highest tower from in the world
View from the fourth highest tower from in the world

Impressive, was very serene apart from the 30 or so school children running around the tower!!


23rd November 2005

A touch of the Green Eyed Monster
Hi Babe, Im a tad jealous it has to be said sat here eating my salad and apple whilst thinking of things to surf on the next in my lunch hr.....it looks amazing....just put everything down to life experience and enjoy it!!!!! No news here....accept Span's given up her degree.....it wasnt 4 her really was it!!! Take care love Nikki
24th November 2005

Pictures
Wowzers thems some pretty pictures Juliet, it looks like a fun and interesting place!!! I bet its not as cold as here, I don't like this weather! Nice to see you are having fun! Benjamin
10th February 2006

awesome i was there. now in philadelphia/nyc area.

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0665s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb