Explorer Tour


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
October 14th 2005
Published: October 31st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Today we went of the Kualu Lumpur Explorer Tour. A very interesting tour which incorporated the Batu Caves, the Royal Selangor Pewter factory, a Batik Factory and a viewing of a rubber tree.

The Batu Caves are huge. They are used as a Hindu Temple and are able to hold appox 1.4 million people for religious celebrations. After walking a large set of stairs we were able to walk through the cave and view various religious motifs. Monkeys were everywhere.

The Royal Selangor Pewter factory - both the worlds largest pewter factory and home to the worlds largest pewter tankard, was an enjoyable visit. The company hand makes tonnes of pewter products and seems to treat its staff well. There are walls of hands - a worker is able to get there hand print on the wall after working for the company for over 5 years.

The Batik factory was nice, a place where they make beautiful patterned fabice for a variety of uses.

Today we decided to spoil ourselves with a foot massage/reflexology treatment. We had a 1/2 hour foot massage and it only cost $8 Australian dollars. How sweet is that.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Wall of handsWall of hands
Wall of hands

Employees get their hand on the wall after working with company for 5+ years
Batik MakingBatik Making
Batik Making

Lady using ink, wax and material to design a fabric pattern
MassageMassage
Massage

This is one of the people who massaged us. Such a character.


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb