Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
December 13th 2007
Published: December 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After enduring a long and absolutely freezing bus journey (we had to wear our hoods up on our jumpers it was that bad and Sel was wearing her waterproof - acting as a windshield against the air con! no joke!) we arrived into the pouring rain of KL - but at least it was warm! Enticed into a hostel by a friendly tout we found ourselves agreeing to stay in possibly the most claustrophobic room ever! the first room they showed us had no windows so the second seemed better - but looking back it was a shit-hole! We very quickly found somewhere much better to stay for the rest of our time in KL - Pondok Lodge.

Day 1 - we went up the KL tower - basically like the BT tower in London - a telecommunications tower with a viewing area at the top. The view was amazing - a really good way to see the city having just arrived. See photos - we took loads! Then we headed for the KLCC - massive fancy shopping centre next to the Petronas Twin Towers - puts the Trafford centre to shame! A bit out of our price range though! In the evening we took the monorail and train over to midvalley to find an indian restaurant V's dad had recommended - where you 'eat what you like and pay what you feel'! Always good when you're on a budget.

Day 2 - Had a wander around China town - Petaling markets - a whole street full of stalls. We were quite a novelty down there and everyone wanted us to buy their bags, watches etc! Next we headed for Times Square - on the way we ate at a Thai restaurant (missing the food!) and we were served by a very nice ladyboy! Once in Times Square (another massive shopping centre) we made a beeline for the indoor rollercoaster! We tried out most of the rides - which were deceptively high / sickening! and saved the rollercoaster til last - which was absolutely massive - and seemed higher because we were already on the 5th floor and could see out!

Day 3 - Petronas Towers! Luckily we managed to walk right in - we couldn't really figure out how we did it because there was a sign saying they were giving out tickets for the 4pm slot - must be the blonde western look - although strangely they didn't want any money! You only get 10 minutes on the bridge that connects the 2 towers - but pretty good for free! See photos...

Who knows what we'll do tonight....

Melaka in the morning...

Sel 'n' V 😊 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb