Penang and the Cameron Highlands


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Penang
December 10th 2007
Published: December 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hot Water!!! Can't explain how good it was to have a hot shower... we've decided cold showers aren't fun! Staying at Sel's uncle Bruce's house in Penang was a massive culture shock in comparison to our various beach / jungle huts! It was good to be able to relax for a few days and not have to think about where we were gonna stay the following night!

On our first day in Penang, Milly (Sel's cousin) took us to Batu Ferringhi where we chilled out by the pool/beach for a bit - its great how everything is so close together - the city and the beach within a few mins in the car. The following day we had a look round Prangin Mall (Komtar) and bought ourselves some cheapo watches (V's has already died but Sel's spiderman one is going strong!) We went out in the evening to Soho's - a British pub - where we had the best veggie/normal burgers ever! Penang Hill was amazing - the view of Georgetown and the rest of the Island was stunning - as you'll see from the photos...

Then we hopped on a bus to the Cameron Highlands! Bizarre.... is a good word! Basically it was a bit like the UK in Summer - rainy and cold! which was a shock to the system! It rained a bit in Penang, but it was warm there! We went on a half day tour in a little minivan that took us round to some of the must sees - tea plantations / strawberry farm / flower farm / butterfly and insect centre... the cloud was pretty low but we managed to get some good photos... as you'll see...

Time to head to lower ground where it should be warmer.... onward to Kuala Lumpur...!


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb