Up into Malaysia to Kuala Lumpar (umpa dumpar!!! he he)


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
September 19th 2007
Published: September 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Soooooooo im typing as fast as i can as i have to catch a flight in just a bit lol!

Soooo up into Malaysia on a coach with Jess the australian girl!!!!! We got the coach at 12pm and it was going to take 5 hours, the seats were fairly luxurious and not many people on the coach so we could really spread out. Luckily Jess had a large supply of chocolate and crisps that she had got off her last flight for free so we survived the journey on these ha ha!!! We chatted quite a bit and then chilled out and i listened to my ipod for the first time yet and was really happy reflecting on the trip so far yayyyy! lovely coach ride but then we had to get off it right in the middle of Kuala Lumpa (KL) which was a slight shock compared to Singpaore, very busy, dirty n grimey n you felt so much more unsafe than in Sing. so we walked about looking for a hostel for me (jess wasn't styaing as she had flight from sing in the morn so she had jus come up for the day with me), the english lasses had recommended the Back Packers Inn so i had my heart set on fidning it as POW had been so good and they had recommended it i wanted to have another good stay in a hostel, we found a few other hostels first that jess wanted me to stay in but i stuck to my guns and found back packers inn, it was 10 ringitt a night which is two pounds!!!!!!!!! the price of a sandwich at home for my nights bed!! So i checked in, the hoatel didn't look quite as nice as POW but there were lots of people there and it had a roof top terrace-bar/cafe so that was good. We dumped our bags and went out exploring in the heat n grime.

We walked through the market and it was pretty dodge loads of malays coming at ya and well busy but kinda used to it from when i went to Thailand, then we found a veggie restaurant and had some noodles, jess chose the better ones tho....damn it hate it when that happens and then we trekked up to the tele tower and paid to go up it which was awesome view especially at night!!!! Then from there we headed over to the twin Petronas towers and saw them at night which they are amazing!!!!!! we took some cool pics and then headed back to the hostel.

I sorted my stuff out so when i went to bed I wouldnt disturb everyone, seems im always last to bed and it is so funny getting in bed in darkenss you have to laugh to yourself as you knock evewrything over and fall into bed with ur pjs half on half off lol! Then me and jess went and had a couple of drinks at the bar which were dirt cheap and then it was time for jess to get her coach back, madness how you can meet someone and spend a day with them and feel like you've known them forever and then next thing they are off off to another country it's weird, but good weird, jess was cool she's from perth and has said i can go stay and wants me to stay in oz for longer than my 6 weeks so hope ill see her over there.

So ive learnt so much already its great!! I love it, love meeting all these people, hearing there stories and what they do etc, you learn so much it's great.

God i'm having to rush so much, this internet is only free for 15 minute blocks and i have to go soon, also i met an english girl at check in and i feel really bad as have left her while i type all this should really go and talk to her.

So jess went to get her bus, i was slightly tipsy after our drinks so decided to go on the internet, it was a really coool net cafe n well cheap so i ended up stayin on it for a couple of hours, so happy n so great to read emails from everyone so that was drunbken fun, hasn't been too much drunken fun yet but dont you worry there will be in oz!

So friday morning i wake up in my dorm room in back packers inn to discover that in my room there are two asian girls, one german girl, one canadian girl and one hawaiin girl!! All really cool and nice, the canadian girl had planned to go to the temple in the caves .,.adjhjhfjhfjh? and invited us along, so we all headed out, cara canadian, natalie hawaiin and marco swiss guy to find the bus and get to the caves, KL is so busy n bustly n dirty tho so bit dodge but we made it. The temple in the caves was an awesome place, beautiful and really different dont think you get them many places so was pleased cara knew about it!! was cool to spend anotyher day with some different people all from around the globe, very cool, i felt so english and white n boring tho and so untravelled again compared to them...oh well i can catch them up!

We had some lunch which was funny cos i recommeneded the noodels that jess had had the previous night and they turened out to be not so nice so lol the others werent so impressed ha ha he he ythey sed i shud pay for em, oh yer plus i need to learn to use chop sticks....practise makes perfect cant really travel asia with a fork!!!

We went back to the hostel and as we walked in Becky was sitting in the reception!!! yayyyy english company and i got to see her again, i was starting to feel really english with the two enthusiastic americans so was glad to see Bec, we chatted n caught up and then we all decided to go to the Little India night market which was ok nothng amazing and then we got dinner in a really dodge little indian restaurant where we got stared at and had to guess wot we were eating but it was very cool and the food turned out to be ok and nice with such mixed company. Slept well that night as well.

We decided to get up early on sat morn to try and get tickets to go up the towers, we went and queued up but damn it the tickets were too late for the time of my coach so i couldnt make it. I had to leave the others and go back to check out and get my coach. Again sad as i had met some more cool people and had to leave them.

Coach took longer than it should of 7 hours so i was late meetin stephen for dinner so he offered for me to stay at theres again instead of searching for a hostel late on a sat night. So that worked well and gave me a chance to tell him and shakilla all my adventures.

Sunday morning i layed in a bit at theres as it was so comfy and then went to the Botanic Gardens and the Orchid gardens which were heavenly, could have spent ages there. Then i packed all my stuf up and headed to the airport on the bus and the MRT. Spent a few hours at the airport on the internet catching up with everyone and everything and phoned jess on her bday!!!!!!! Met another english girl in the line for check in so gonna get to know her and shes heading to cairns as well.

Oh my god how quick has this week gone, too quick and i need longer in Asia but how mental im flying to Oz tongiht right now!!!!!! Cant wait to see what is ahead of me!!!!

God had to majorly rush for my flight after that but im now writing from Cairns...yes down under....g'day mate!!!! so my flight from sing to cairns via darwin was fine really, the flight wasn't full and we (me and anna the new english girl) met 3 irish girls on the plane, my favourite was Angelina who sat next to me she was spanish so had an irish/english/spanish accent and me n her decided to hit the red wine!!!! 3 glasses later we were rolling around all over the place telling funny stories, laughing n generally being drunk ha ha light weights!!!! so didnt sleep much as was so amsued by that and happy and couldn't believe i was on th eway to oz. Got to Cairns early mornign so pretty jet lagged haven't slept yet but checked into Gilligans Hostel which is amazing mo elike a funky hotel with a lush bar n only 10pounds a night. So spent most of today with Anna so far, shes only 20 and bless her shes a bit homesick so been advising her but think she ok now, we haven't met anyone at the hostel yet as have been out looking about. Well Cairns is cool very much like some old americany/australiany town, nto much here but loads of travel agents to book lots of fun trips with!!!!! Now wishing i had saved more money as more money means more fun but i'll do my beast on what ive got...............


Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 28


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0206s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb