KL WHAT A COOL CITY


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
April 11th 2007
Published: April 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well we left Penang and headed south to Kula lumper this is a great city the Grand prix was on when we arrived so, accomodation was limited and pricey so, we decided to head to the Jungle called Tamen negara 5 hours away this place is 130 million years old, older than the Amazon and the Congo (pretty cool) i took some pictures but i lost them on my camera maybe i deleted them i dont know so, thats a shame but, to be honest it was not that exciting we spent 2days there we went for a 12km trek round trip this jungle is 55kms rhinos, elephants , tigers , monkeys all live here we saw nothing boo, hoo, their are still some village people living there i saw tent and there was people living in it but, i kept my distance im sure they are sick of tourists basically, if you go on the package deal like we did you spend more time on a boat and bus than in the jungle!! but, it was nice to get some fresh air we were staying next door to a mosque so, at dawn we were woken to a man chanting prays it was a lovely way to wake up the food was not so good!!! This little town in the jungle is really a quant place i read an newspaper article while i was there it was shocking it read of the 18 sutribes of Orang Asli in pennisular Malaysia, only the Jahuts ( this is the area we were in) celebrate The Circumcision of their kids. The custom has been practiced for decades ,and it still has not changed it is the most elaborate in all Malaysia more so than a wedding the kids are aged between 8-13 years the village chief said '' you can marry many times in your life but, Circumcision will only happen once '' if a jahut boy is not sniped he is treated like a boy all his life,on the day of the ceremony the boys bath in a cold river for 4 hours they have to hold a cockeral in their arms and witness its slaughter the cockeral represents courage,superiorty,masculinity the act of the slaughter represents the Circumcision, and a witch docter operates on the child they are not allowed to touch land for 3 days as this will be unlucky. after reading this article i knew this practice happens in Africa but, i did not realise it happened in Asia. so, thats all my facts for now....(different i know)
8th April
We were glad to be leaving the jungle 3days is more than enough we were excited to head back to the city 1.5 million live here its very well layed out its impossible to get lost its one big circle alot of amazing building are here it reminded us alot of New York it as Time sq and twin towers it also has the kl tower the 4th tallest building in the world and about 6 enormous shopping centres the time sq shopping centre even has the worlds largest roller coaster on the 7th floor its fantastic. we are staying in little india beside china town its a really good place to go for bargains the main market is open from 10am to 10pm so, as you can imagine we are still in KL and it is now the 11th april also the Grand prix was on tickets were not even 20 euro we didnt go because by the time we got there and bought everything we decided to shop instead we don't follow it anyway. its quite warm here also 25 degrees up to 32 degrees everyday the killer is the humidity that can be up tp 90% so, aircon is a blessing.....
when we do decide to leave KL our next stop is the Island of Tiomain can't wait chat soon thanks for all the comments and messages stay in touch....


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

MEET THE LOCALS MEET THE LOCALS
MEET THE LOCALS

MALAY MONKEY
KING OF KAROOKEKING OF KAROOKE
KING OF KAROOKE

this is a most when visiting kl
sean 3hours latersean 3hours later
sean 3hours later

he got really into it !
This is the largest indoor roller coaster in the world  This is the largest indoor roller coaster in the world
This is the largest indoor roller coaster in the world

AND THE MAD THING IS ITS IN A SHOPPING CENTRE


Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0605s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb