Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
April 10th 2007
Published: April 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Arrived into KL and it was absolutely chucking it down - never seen so much rain come down in a day. The streets and roads were flooded and traffic was moving so slow. We found a hostel called Red Dragon in Chinatown and stayed there for 3 nights which was a clean room and basic room which did us fine.
We did all the tourist things like visit the twin towers - which look spectacular at night then onto the Menara for a 360 degree view over KL from there we headed onto Medeka Square which was beautiful, the gardens all groomed and flowers were all blossomed. Its so humid in Kl at the moment so any opportunity for some aircon we we're there - be it shops or restaurants (any excuse to shop or eat!)
we also went to see that Batu Caves, it took 272 steps to get up to the caves some people ran up them but there was no way I was gonna be able to do that so I took a leisurely stroll - its not a race.... It was very eeiry there with side caves which are closed to the public.

After KL we took a 4 hour bus ride to Cameron Highlands which was lovely and so fresh, we booked up a morning tour that took us to the Highest point in the highlands (6000ft above sea level) but unfortunately the pics weren't good as it was a really foggy day. From there we headed into a Moss Forest trek where our guide pointed out many rare plants, spices etc. Then we went to a hugh 600 acre tea plantation - and I tried a 'Teachino' sooo good - tea and coffee in one, what a caffine attack!!
From the tea plantation we went to the butterfly park - I'm not a lover of things flying over my head so I decided not to go in, from there we went to a yummy Strawberry Farm where the strawberries were to die for... hmmmm... more strawberries pleaseee...

We spent 2 night in the Cameron Highland then made our way back to Kuala Lumpur - the journey was eventful on our way back - we put our backpacks into the luggage compartment of the coach thinking it'll be a safe place (as you do) but no not in Malaysia... the compartment flew open as we turned the corner driving down the mountains!! luckily nothing got broken and our bags didn't fall down the mountain!!
We arrived back into KL and met up with Becky and Bekka who we hadn't seen for about 2 months - so cool to catch up, and very happy we're all travelling together for the rest of Asia!!

We spent 1 night back in Red Dragon Hostel in Chinatown and that was enough - Me, Lou and Katy got bedbugs!! yep digusting bites all over our body - and Jo Jo comes off worse! Bites turned into blisters all so very sore!! we stayed in this hostel only a few nights ago and we were fine hence why we went back - but second time round we weren't so lucky!! check the pics... I'm not proud of having bedbugs as it makes you feel very dirty but unfortunately there is nothing you can do - at least now we know what bugs to look out for when we take a room for the night!

Now i'm off to catch the night train to Kota Bharu


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Kuala LumpurKuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur

Twin Towers
Kuala LumpurKuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur

Chinatown Night Market
Batu Caves Batu Caves
Batu Caves

272 steps!!
Batu Caves Batu Caves
Batu Caves

272 steps!!
Cameron HighlandsCameron Highlands
Cameron Highlands

Tea Plantations
Cameron HighlandsCameron Highlands
Cameron Highlands

Tea plantations


Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0614s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb