All aboard...the night train


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
March 25th 2007
Published: March 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The sleeper train from Singapore to KLThe sleeper train from Singapore to KLThe sleeper train from Singapore to KL

View of our carriage in the early hours of the morning
The overnight train from Singapore to KL was cheap, comfortable, clean and pretty spacious. However, as you can see from the photo that Andy took whilst being a peeping Tom in the middle of the night our living arrangements for the night did resemble a morgue.

We boarded at 10pm on the 24th Feb. We got on; made ourselves comfy and cracked open the beers. It was a bit like a sleepover as Andy and I decided to sit on my top bunk bed (he had the top bunk bed opposite and we both had miserable sods sleeping beneath us). After 20 mins we then had to get off the train and go through immigration as we had officially left Singapore and were now in Malaysia. We then had to get back on the train. By 12.30 we were both exhausted and went to sleep in our separate bunk beds with the sound of snoring and people playing on their mobile phones ringing in our ears.

We both woke up at separate intervals throughout the night convinced that the train was going to topple over. The driver was going at some speed and had it not been for the safety belts attached to our beds then we would have fallen on to the floor. Andy swears that somebody pulled back the curtain on his cabin and shouted 'American' at him in the middle of the night! Emma thought that was hilarious.

At 6am we woke up and at 7am we arrived in KL. We then headed for the airport where we were to meet our connecting flight to the island of Langkawi situated of the north-west coast of Malaysia......






Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Andy awakes Andy awakes
Andy awakes

never again am I sleeping on a bloody overnight train!


Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb