Shopping & the City


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
November 17th 2006
Published: November 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Having not being able to buy or carry much over the last 9.5months as we travelled, now that we are getting to the end of the trip it is time to shop! With the knowledge that our last few days will be in Bangkok to pick up a few last minute bargains we had decided to head south to KL and Singapore to begin the shopping mission.

Getting a room in KL proved trickier than last time we were here as prices have gone up significantly since then, and everything is much more pricy than we had experienced in Penang. We wanted to stay fairly centrally so that we could walk to and from all the areas we had planned to visit for our shopping and just places we had enjoyed visiting last time. Our room is a unique one; it's up several flights of stairs and sits on the very top of a building, surrounded on three sides by windows. Our balcony is covered with plants and palms though so it's nice and shady and quite private, and at night (or in the afternoon monsoon showers) we have fantastic views of all the skyscrapers lit up from between the leaves.

Other than the fabulous room KL has been a little disappointing. It would be hard to beat Penang on food, but sadly we haven't really eaten anything of note since arriving here and sadly a highlight would have been the giant, icy slushy we got from 7/11.

The shopping has been ok - Corb managed to pick out a few funky tshirts and I got some nice tops for the job I am one day going to have to find myself, but otherwise we haven't really found *that* much that interests us.

This morning we went and saw the new James Bond movie which was a whole bunch of fun, but otherwise KL has felt a little soulless. Our next stop is Melaka on the Southern Coast. We will be there for just one night, but found some fantastic eats when we were there last time so we have high hopes that our last night in Malaysia will be something to remember.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb