Raja Kita Exhibition


Advertisement

King of MalaysiaKing of MalaysiaKing of Malaysia

DYMM Tuanku Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah is the 14th King of Malaysia
The new king of Malaysia has been installed on the 11th April 2012 in Kuala Lumpur. This occasion is once in five years when a new king is elected to the Malaysian throne. The election of a new Monarch is on a rotation basis among the nine Sultan who ruled the states that make up Malaysia. The other five states that do not have a Sultan but ruled by the Yang DiPertuan Negeri will not be nominated. This rotation of the new King is one of a unique practice that give a fair opportunity of every Sultan to rule the country.

The new King Duli Yang Maha Mulia Tuanku Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah is the 14th Yang DiPertuan Agong and this is his Majesty's second time as the king. His first rule was from 20th September 1970 to 20th September 1975.

The new king created history by being the first Sultan in Malaysian history to be elected to the throne for the second time and also for the first time in in the newly completed Istana Negara at Jalan Duta, Kuala Lumpur.

In conjunction with the investiture ceremony, The Mesuem Department of Malaysia organised the Raja Kita exhibition at the old palace in Jalan Istana. The exhibition was held from 16th April to 15th Jun 2012. It is open from 9.00 a.m to 5.00 p.m.

The exhibition is related to the new King which includes His Majesty's "Timeline" and also the Royal Regalia. Concurrently, the exhibit also potrays the Sultanate of Brunei Darulsalam at one of the section in the same location.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb