kuala Lumpor - the way over


Advertisement

To the surprise of everyone, we made it to the airport on time. Check-in was a breeze, as we had done the online checkin the night before, and because of this, didn’t have to cue up. Straight through the bag drop, and into customs. Highly recommended. Customs took a bit of time (Kathy was checked for drugs at both checkpoints), then it was breakfast time. As the plane had arrived early, they decided to board it early as well, so we had to rush breakfast through and get on the plane.
The trip to KL was 8 hours, and pretty uneventful. Air Asia are quite good to fly with, but like other budget airlines, all the extras cost more, so there was no inflight entertainment, and all food was extra. They were also reluctant to change Aussie Dollars, and we had no Malaysia Ringitt currency, so we didn’t buy anything on the plane. Thankfully, we had prepaid our meals.
After the 1.5 hour bus ride from the Airport, to Kuala Lumpur with a good lightening display on the way, we then had to catch a cab to the hotel. Unfortunately the driver had as much knowledge of the hotels location as we did, so we had a nice 1 hour cab ride through the city’s traffic lights, only to find that the hotel was 1.5k from the bus depot. Stupid cabs.
We spent the next day exploring the Golden Mile area of Kuala Lumpur, including a visit to KL Tower, which was pretty good. The temperature was pretty hot, and we did a lot of walking that day, looking for some accommodation for the return trip. We will have to book something on the internet later, as it was just too hard to make a decision. Some of the shopping centres are huge in KL. We saw a couple, but have been told of even bigger ones further away. Plenty to do on the way back.
After dinner at China town, which was just like the street markets in all Asian countries, we went out to the airport to prepare for the flight to London, which was first thing the next morning. We stayed at the Tune Hotel, at the airport. It is a budget hotel, where all you get is the room. Even air conditioners and towels are optional extras. ….Interesting.



Advertisement



24th May 2010

On your way
Hi guys. Glad you made it through the first leg of your trip safe and sound! Great shopping in KL Kath, hope you got some bargains. Enjoy yourselfs. Love Bianca and Paul
25th May 2010

Happy Birthday Kathy
Happy Birthday Kathy, Seems as if you guys are living the high life over there. hope you had fun being searched by the security, wonder why they picked you instead of greg, he looks more like a undergound drug lord. Keep well , take many photos, catcha, The DatelineComputers Gang

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 15; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb