And we are off


Advertisement
Published: November 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

A wonderful start to the holiday - apart from the 'Comfort Inn' at Heathrow - not so comfortable! We also made the mistake of going for value rather than quality when it came to an evening meal - we went to the local pub (Great Western) and we had 2 of the most horrendous meals served to the public - but they were cheap! As the old saying goes - you can take the boy out of Yorkshire etc etc.
The Malaysian Air flight from Heathrow to Kuala Lumpur took off on time and the seats were great - lots of leg room and the ability to get some sleep albeit very limited. Good food served and an excellent entertainment centre to pass the time away.
We met a Kiwi couple who advised us of the best roads to use (and also to be aware of the high level of crime on the North Island - which has gone some way to justify our decision to spend minimal time on the North Island.)
We have just had 5 hours sleep to try and get over the jet lag - now time to go shopping and look for something to eat - the Shangri-La hotel is very nice but quite expensive to eat (Champagne breakfast for 2 - £100) so whilst still trying to learn from our lesson at the Comfort Inn - we will endeavor to choose better this time.

Advertisement



12th November 2011

Welcome Steve and Anne :)
On behalf of the moderators here at TravelBlog, I would like to welcome you to the site. Happy travels, wherever they may be. Nick.

Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0215s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb