Perhentian Islands


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Terengganu » Perhentian Kecil
February 17th 2008
Published: March 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

The Perhentian Islands are supposed to be one of the most beautiful group of islands in Asia, totally deserted and no electricity, you cant even buy alcohol! We were quite dissapointed as we would be in the area at the end of February which is still in Malaysia's monsoon season and no boats run to the island.

However, when we reached the Malaysian border town of Kota Bharu the guy at our hostel said they'd been having very strange weather, and the Monsoon had finished a few weeks ago and the weather had been excellent. We only had a week until we flew to Oz from KL but we managed to fit in another 2 days relexing on a beautiful island! The speedboat trip was probably the scariest boat ride i've ever been on, actually lauching into the air on several occasions!

We were preparing for complete paradise, but we were a bit dissapointed. Maybe it was their recent monsoon had knocked the place about a bit while the islands had been closed, or that the weather wasnt great or maybe we'd been spoilt on the pretty thai islands but it certainly didnt look like paradise to us. It did get better when we went over to the far side of the island, Long Beach though and met some lovely people and nearly drowned in the huge waves!


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.284s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0856s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb