Day 108 - Bako National Park


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sarawak » Bako National Park
March 22nd 2006
Published: April 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After an eventful and tiring previous day, we got up late and checked out then went to the tourist office to plan the next few days in Sarawak. We booked 2 nights in Bako National Park where we could see the Proboscis monkey, found only on Borneo. After another egg & onion pancake to took a bus to Bako Village then a boat to the national park. We noticed some fish jumping out of the water near the boat and the next instant they were jumping into the boat and hitting us! Managed to pick up all the slippery characters and throw them back into the water. Arrived at a long sandy flat beach and checked into the park at the rangers office, took the key to our chalet and were greeted by a hoard of Macau monkeys sat on the stairs! The rooms were ok apart from a few bugs and mozzies which we cleared. Louisa and Lynn weren't that impressed but they were ok. After a briefing from the ranger we set off along the beach where we were chased by a gang of Macua monkeys! Mark found some crabs inside some shells and we tried to race them but they wouldn't come out of their shells, unsuprisingly. Watched sunset and went back for dinner at the canteen and watched the bats flying around eating the insects. Bats are good. After a game of cards and wine/whisky drinking we finally went to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb